If you are looking for weight loss tips we could say that the only sensible reply to the query “how to reduce weight” is to do it by natural means and a key aspect of this is drinking water. Whilst this might seem somewhat uninteresting it is in fact necessary for healthy weight loss. Consuming water has the following benefits:
- Replaces other calorie loaded drinks – many dieters are not actually conscious of how many calories they consume in drinks like soda and fruit juice. Even though fruit drinks may appear healthy they frequently contain additional sugar or other sweeteners. Drinking water instead allows you to avoid taking in these additional calories and it additionally reduces intake of sugar which is an adversary of anyone wanting to reduce weight.
- Reduces feeling hungry – when you develop feelings of hunger or feel a craving or find yourself in a position where you would usually eat for social reasons, have a glass of water as an alternative. This will give a feeling of being full and will counter the longing to eat. You have then steered clear of eating needless calories by undertaking something easy and healthy.
- Reduces the amount you eat – if you drink a glass of water a few minutes prior to a meal you will find that you will be satisfied eating less than you might otherwise have done. What you have now is a simple, free of charge and painless method of consuming less.
- Stops the body retaining water – the majority of our bodies are water and it is consequently essential to our well being. If your water consumption is too low your body has to retain as much as possible but if you drink sufficient you will not observe this effect. Consequently it is clear that there is nothing to be gained through placing a limit on fluid intake when trying to reduce weight.
- Accelerates metabolism – drinking water will result in a rise in metabolic rate for a few minutes afterwards. Admittedly the effect is minor but it is nevertheless useful for weight loss.
- Provides Laxative effect – correct functioning of the bowels needs consumption of enough water and this is vital when losing weight. If you do not drink sufficient you can suffer from bowel problems.
- Assists in shifting stored fat – when you are working on reducing weight you need to lose fat and to do that you require your kidneys and liver to function correctly which they are not able to do without adequate water. If you don’t take in adequate water your body will tend to retain fat and your weight loss will be slow or peter out all together.
Water is, as a result, one of the important things to think about when losing weight and good diet programs suggest that you consume at least 8-10 glasses daily. If your intake of water is not high enough your weight loss will be much slower and more difficult. Consequently if requested to give dieting tips we would put at the top of the list “drink water”.